I was sitting in a café, thumbing through my travel guide and enjoyed the sunny weather. My vacation here in New York was nearly over and I just wanted to take as much feeling of this awesome city home with me as I could.
Suddenly a voice startled me out of my thoughts. “Excuse me, Miss. Do you mind if I sit down here?”
I looked up and starred in the most beautiful blue eyes I’ve ever seen. And that means a lot, because I’m starring at a really nice pair of it every morning when I take a look in my mirror. Do I mind? Hell, no! But somehow I wasn’t able to bring that sentence out, all I could do, was shaking my head.
A smile lit up his face. “Great!” He sat down and in the next moment the waitress appeared. Interesting, she wasn’t that fast when I came here a while ago!
“I’ll take a coffee and…what was it?” Confused I looked at him. “On your plate. What was it? Was it good?” He pointed at the few sad crumbs of my chocolate cake.
“Ch…Ch…Chocolate Cake…was good.” I stuttered. Oh, great! More than 10 years of English at school and university, one year abroad and several vacations in the USA and you are not able to bring out a complete sentence! I wanted to sink into the ground.
But he just smiled at me. Shaking his head he said “Why did I even bother to ask. You’re a woman, of course was it chocolate cake.”
Without looking at the waitress, he said “Ok, I take the Ch…Ch…Chocolate Cake.”
I flushed deep red. In my mind the song I reserved for such moments started to play: Oh, she’s a little runaway… Normally that comforts me a bit, but this time it wasn’t working, because that person singing in my head was sitting with me at the table. Breathe, damn it, breathe!
“I’m Jon by the way.” I nearly laughed. Does he really think, people wouldn’t recognise him? The moment we were shaking hands was like electricity running through my body. His hands were so damn soft, but strong at the same time. All I could say was a breathless “Hi”. Still trying to get this electricity feeling under control, I didn’t realize that he was still holding my hand looking at me.
She’s cute. Those soft curls in her blond hair, the full lips with barely any lip-gloss. I wonder how they taste? Her eyes are beautiful, such an intensive blue, but with little crystals in it, look like diamonds. Just a light touch of make up and damn she has curves, you just want to reach out and touch those full, heavy breasts…Damn Jon, you just met her, you don’t even know her name. Get yourself under control!
He shook his head, not believing what he just thought. “What’s your name?”
“Huh?” I needed all my control to listen to him and not just check him out anymore.
He looks so sexy in this brown leather jacket with the dark blue t-shirt and his NY Giants cap that tries to hide his wonderful blond hair. I wonder whether it’s as soft as it looks?... Shit, didn’t he just say something? I fixed my eyes on his questioningly.
“Your name.” he repeated slowly.
Oh, my God! He must think that I’m a complete idiot!
“Kris, my name is Kris.” I hurried to say.
“Well, nice to meet you Chris.”
“No, it’s Kris…with a K not a CH at the beginning.” His eyebrows raised and he has a critical look on his face. Oh, damn. Was I to harsh again? I know that I react rather sensitive when it comes to the spelling of my name.
“I’m sorry. It’s just that people always get it wrong and do not really listen when I correct them….wasn’t funny at school.” Jon smiled at me.
“Yeah, I know that feeling.” I looked at him surprised.
“Well, Bongiovi is not a common American name. Lots of confusion at school” he added.
“But no longer a problem today” I wanted to mumble to myself, but said it out loud. He laughed
“No, actually not” My mouth dropped open in shock, which had him only laughing harder. This laughing is wonderful. I couldn’t resist it and joined him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment