Right in that moment the waitress came back with Jon’s cake and coffee. Looking at me angrily she asked with an annoyed voice
“Would you like to pay?”
Are you nuts? Do you really think I’ll leave now? You won’t get him, sweetie!
“No, but I would like another white coffee, please!” It’s hard for me to keep my voice on normal level. She eyed me up and down.
“Would you like another piece of cake as well?” In her voice you can hear the message; you better don’t do that with those hips. BITCH!
“That’s not necessary, I will share mine with her…right, darling?” Jon said calmly and gives me a flirting smile. I could kiss him for that.
“Sure honey.” I answered as if it would be the most natural thing in the world for me. With an angry look on her face the waitress left the table. I can barely control my grin.
“I hope she isn’t counting on a big tip.” Jon said and held his fork with some chocolate cake in my direction. Slowly I opened my mouth and took the bite.
“Hmmm.” I closed my eyes in pleasure.
“You really do like chocolate.” Jon said amused.
“Yes, I do.” I replied with a little flush on my face.
“Good to know.” Jon passed back and licked some crumbs of cake from his fork. Gulp!
“So are you here on vacation, Kris” He pointed at my travel guide.
“Yes, two more days and then I have to go home again.”
“Have to?”
“Well, I can’t stay here for the rest of my life, right?” I told him amused.
“Why not?”
“Why not?!?!?! Because I have a life back at home, I study; my parents would freak out, if I just call them and ask to send my stuff here because I like this city!”
“But you would love to.” he said.
I sighed. “Yes.”
“So what’s so bad about home that you don’t want to stay? Where is it by the way?”
“In Germany.”
“You are from Germany?” I looked at him sceptical.
“Yes, do you have problem with that?” There it was again, the cat bared one’s teeth. Why can’t I be more in balance? Oh, shit I sound like my mom!
“No, no, no” He raised his hands defensively. Hell, she has temper…and looks so sexy when it shows. “It’s just that you don’t have an accent. You sound like you’re from here!”
“Oh, thanks. I just adapt articulations very fast. My English teacher at school wasn’t pleased.” Jon looked at questioningly. “They teach British English at German schools. I always lost a grade because of my pronunciation.” I rolled my eyes.
“That’s not fair.” Jon pouted. I couldn’t help but laugh. Damn he looks cute when he does it.
“So why don’t you like Germany?” I looked at him and couldn’t hide my smile.
“You’re quite curious.”
“Yeah, I just neeeeeed to know everything.” I laughed
“I always thought that would be David’s line.” Jon laughed out loud.
“Yeah, he’s much worse than me.” He watched me patiently, not exactly what I expected now. I sighed.
“It’s not that I don’t like Germany. I mean my family and friends are there, but … How should I describe it? …. It doesn’t feel like home. Does that make any sense?” I asked him a little unsure. Jon looked confused.
“When I came to the USA the first time” I tried to explain, “when I exited the plane somehow I had that feeling Wow, that’s home!” I looked at my hands helplessly “Sorry, I can’t describe it any better.”
“No, I think I know what you mean. I have kind of this feeling every time I come home from a tour.”
“Yeah, but this IS your home. You grew up here.” I gestured around. Jon nodded, after a little break he asked “So planning to move here someday?”
“Well, I’m not sure that’ll be so easy.” Questioningly he sipped at his coffee. “I study law; it’s not that common that you work in a foreign country. You don’t know the law there, but …. I can at least dream, right?” I smiled a bit sadly. He just nodded.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment